Saturday, August 3, 2013

How many T-shirts does my husband really have?.....

I spend a lot of time searching the Internet for topics and beautiful images of crochet projects. I love to see the creativeness and ingenuity that crafters, crocheters, knitters produce. Colors, shapes, sizes. Yesterday I stumbled upon T-shirt yarn. I guess I've seen it before but being a hardcore "yarn" person from the traditional method, (which is standing in front of a wall of yarn at my favorite store and trying to decide what to buy) I never even considered T-shirt yarn. What?.....But then I came across the tutorial that I will begin this week's blog with. By the time I finished watching it I was already running an inventory of all of my husband's T-shirts in the drawers, boxes and closet. Nothing is safe now.....I keep thinking of making a basket with all different colors, or a rug. He won't really miss his Yooper U T-Shirt from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan do you think? Hmmmm....

Take a look at the tutorial and see if you won't become addicted to this new form of crochet. Learn to cut the T-shirt, create the yarn and get started. Enjoy!

Click on this link to get started. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JI4hr4zQes


Oh You Crafty Gal created this beautiful Pouf Ottoman Floor Cushion.


How cute is this Round Heart Crocheted UpCycled T-Shirt Area Rug? You can find it at www.inhabitots.com


As many of you know if you visit this blog I am obsessed with stacks of crocheted squares before they are assembled into an afghan, pillow or whatever. They are like little towers of color to me. I'll post pics whenever I come across some really great stacks. But now, I may become obsessed with balls of T-shirt yarn. My creative brain is running 100 miles an hour!!


What a cute housewarming gift these would make! T-Shirt Dishclothes from dollarcrafts.com. Just pop them right in the washer and dryer!


This lovely basket from atgaiva on flickriver would also make a lovely gift. The color combinations are endless!


Another beautiful basket. I see this one filled with apples in the fall. It comes from MammaEarthCreations.


How can you not love this circular run creation from recyclingartistemily! This 3ft rug is just gorgeous! Can't even wait to start one!


This beautiful Mandala Floor Rug is breathtaking. Here's the tutorial so you can make one yourself! http://craft.tutsplus.com/tutorials/crochet/crochet-an-amazing-mandala-floor-rug/


This clever little stool cover comes from MicahMakes.com.  Here's the tutorial! http://www.micahmakes.com/blog/crochet-stool-cover


From Homework - Today's Assignment: Be Inspired comes these creative braided drink coasters.


I feel sexy in my jeans and wearing 
my boyfriend's T-shirt 
- Jennifer Aniston


It's a Graphic Design thing...




1 comment: