Sunday, September 1, 2013

I'm hooked.....

After finishing my last project I've taken a breather. The Bridal afghan was such a fun project and so satisfying. From beginning to end working on individual squares, sewing it together, adding a border and tassels. I had the best time. I have another afghan to finish now. It's over half way through. It's an ocean wave pattern. See the The Crochet Crowd for the pattern. http://www.thecrochetcrowd.com/afghan-patterns-assorted-designs/1261-oceanwavespattern.html.

It got me to thinking about my crochet hooks. I have the average collection of metal, plastic and acrylic hooks. I see on Facebook, from various crocheters I follow, all of the colorful and patterned hook handles that people are making. I thought about doing some research and see what kind of funky hooks I could find. Take a look and imagine using any of the following hooks on your next project!

Woodcarver Harrison Richards from Furls Crochet Hooks creates these ergonomic, custom made crochet hooks made especially for your own hand size.

These hand-carved twiggle crochet hooks are by Cristina at www,Stramendo.com. They are actually made from gathered twigs that are whittled into shape.

These are beautifully made Double Ended Crochet Hooks


Imagine having these elegant and original crochet hooks in your collection from Luxury Crochet Hooks.


These Ebony Crochet Hooks are from Lantern Mom Handcrafted.


Michael & Sheila Ernst create these beautiful Glass Crochet Hooks. So delicate.


These lovely hooks are 19th Century Tortoise Shell, Platinum & Diamond Banded Set of 4. You can find them at Ruby Lane Vintage Begins Here.


These colorful handles were created by Lisa Clarke at Polka Dot Cottage. http://www.lisaclarke.net/?lrc=home


These colorful hooks were created by the colorful Twinkie Chan herself. Entitled Candy Stripe Crochet Hooks you can tell that Twinkie is a colorful personality full of talent. You must follow her on Facebook and Twitter. You'll never be disappointed!

Christine Mackey created these Harry Potter Wand-Like Hooks. So creative.








“You can't use up creativity. 
The more you use, the more you have.” 
- Maya Angelou -







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my hooks! I'm actually taking custom orders for the next 10 days or so, if you or any of your readers are interested :-) Happy crocheting!

    http://www.lisaclarke.net/2013/09/13/now-accepting-custom-orders/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing my hooks! I'm actually taking custom orders for the next 10 days or so, if you or any of your readers are interested :-) Happy crocheting!

    http://www.lisaclarke.net/2013/09/13/now-accepting-custom-orders/

    ReplyDelete