Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Surfing!

In between going to school, doing homework and studying I haven't crocheted in 4 days. I didn't even realize it until this morning. I'm working on a new project, an afghan, and I haven't touched it in 4 days. It got me to thinking, can I live without crochet? The answer is definitely NO!!! But, I realized that I can be less consumed by it, as a result. There are times when it is all I think about and obviously by being involved in other things, i.e. school, I guess I can still survive without it. But believe me as I write this blog it is sitting on top of my yarn basket not more than 3 ft away. So it's still close by and comforting to look at! HA!

This is only about 12" of afghan done so far. I'm alternating the colors. It reminds me of the ocean.
I've been doing a lot of surfing on the web lately as a direct result of being on the computer for the past 4 days doing practice studies etc. Whenever I take a break I check all of my points of reference, Facebook, Etsy, Twitter, Email. In my "SURFING" travels I have come across a few cool tips and projects that I'd like to share.

This crocheted lantern caught my eye. Pretty cool. Here is the link to make it yourself. http://crochetvolution.com/spring-2012/lacey-japanese-lantern


This is a Button Stitch Whirlwind Wrap by Vickie Howell for Caron. She is a great designer for Caron. Here is a link to this pattern http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Cardigans-and-Wrap-Sweaters/Bullion-Stitch-Whirlwind-Wrap/ml/1 Check out her stuff whenever you can, you'll always find great work!
This little heart pattern comes from UK publication Mollie Makes. Have a little heart! http://molliemakes.themakingspot.com/blog/tutorial-tuesday-crochet-heart-pattern
This project comes from Lion Brand. A nifty little skill to have in your bag of tricks! http://blog.lionbrand.com/2012/02/07/how-to-crochet-a-button/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LionBrandNotebook+%28Lion+Brand+Notebook%29

This isn't crochet but I had to bookmark it. It comes from 1-800-FLOWERS. Isn't it beautiful? Can you imagine receiving this for your birthday. How lovely. http://ww31.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=1991&dataset=11579&cm_cid=d11579

This is still one of my favorite images of yarn bombing. It just think it's so peaceful.
Okay, enough surfing, time to get back to the business of the day. I have to clean off my desk. I have to read another chapter of XHTML and I have to take the puggy out for a walk. Oh, by the way, I had a job interview yesterday!!! It's with a company called the Florida Roofers Association. They need a Director of Publications. I'd be doing their magazine and peripheral publications. Cross your fingers. I think the interview went well. They liked my portfolio. Here's hoping!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment