Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Back in School!

It's been 26 years since I last cracked open a school book. It was way back at UCF (University of Central Florida) when I last stepped foot on a campus. Last night I opened the door to a whole new world by attending Stetson University at Celebration outside of Orlando.

The campus consists of this one building within Celebration a community built just outside of Disney. It is a professional college under the Stetson University campus in Deland.

It was scary, exciting and after making it through the first class exhilarating! I can't wait! I'm taking Web Development and it's being taught by a very peppy man by the name of Jason Archambeau, who it turns out, is from Warren, MI. A fellow Michigander!

Our textbook for class. Crack that book open!
I have homework to do now! I have to read chapter 2 and do the practice and hands on exercises. So excited. I'll be learning how to design a website and all the in and outs of the technology. I can't wait. I really am inspired and looking for a place to put all of this creativity!

As for creativity, I started the wave pattern afghan. I showed the colors I picked in my last blog and now this is the fruit of my labor. It's just started but coming along. The pattern is easy and it only involves a double crochet. It will turn out to be a bright and vibrant afghan.

The wave pattern afghan.  These colors are very beachy to me. Luckily I live in Florida!

The biggest thing that has happened to me this week is that I got a job interview scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm. It for a Director of Publications position with “FRSA-Florida’s Association of Roofing Professionals”. They need someone to work on their magazines and peripheral publications. So excited!!! Cross you fingers and say a prayer that I get the job!



No comments:

Post a Comment