Thursday, January 12, 2012

It fits like a glove!

I started a new project last night and I'm stuck. I am trying to make the Crochet Driving Gloves in this pattern: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80007AD.html?noImages= I've gotten the first part done and now I am at the shape hand part and I don't get it. I keep staring at the directions, fumbling with the part I've got done, folding it this way and that!!! I just can't see how it goes together. So I'll be spending part of my day trying to figure it out. I'll get it, it's just going to take a hot shower, perfectly styled hair, a fresh glass of Diet Coke and then maybe the stars will align and the angels will sing and it will come to me...and maybe not the perfectly styled hair.

I think I'm supposed to fold it over and then find the 7th stitch and start in the round. Ummmmm.....I know crochet and I can't figure out why I'm stumped. Something will click, I know it, right?
I usually don't use patterns that require markers etc. because I find them too confining but I thought alright, I'll give it a try. I used an old crochet sewing needle as the marker.

If you take a look at the pattern and see the part where you start to shape the hand, and you can figure it out send me an email. vrehrman@cfl.rr.com. Maybe I can push through and get the project done. And believe me, I'll get the project done. And I will wear these puppies if it kills me!!!! Picture to come!!!!

In the meantime, I've been scrolling through my Facebook page and came across an entry from the Tomkat Studio http://www.thetomkatstudio.com Her design work is fabulous. Take a look.

I also watched a tutorial on the wave pattern from The Crochet World. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1AmNif_gYQ&feature=plcp&context=C3301c64UDOEgsToPDskL2IRKZbCLUjLqUk44Wcbko It was pretty interesting. It makes me want to start an afghan which is something that I was trying to get away from for awhile. I have always done afghans solely and now I've expanded my horizons with hats etc. It's faster and I like seeing a completed piece so quickly. But nothing has ever stopped me from working on more than one project before. I need more yarn!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment