Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year!

As the New Year becomes reality, the holidays are behind us, it's time to move forward and begin 2012 with get up and go. I like even numbers. I'm feeling full of hope with this coming year. I feel like the worst is behind me and only good things are coming with the New Year. The top three things I want to accomplish are #1 Get a job!!! #2 Get a house (Can't have #2 with out #1) and #3 Get a job!

I begin classes for Web Development at the end of this month. It's a 12 week course and by the end I should have a web design certificate. I'm so anxious to get going. With all of the jobs that I've applied to web design is my missing link. My job search will really broaden with this one thing under my belt. So we're going to take care of this first. I also love that being in the print world for the past 15 years to get the job done I won't have to do color separations and wait for stuff to come back from the printer. I'll just download and the job is done.

Having said that, going back to school does not mean, however, that I am not still looking for a job. It is a daily process for me. If you understand that I worked in a fast paced environment for the past 15 years coordinating 8 publications a week and doing graphic design simultaneously, then you would understand that this is a daily quest for me. The job is out there, I just have to find it. My dream job would be to work with graphic design at Disney but my connections there have hit a dead end. So I have to find another way in.

Once I do find a job, then the next thing to work on is finding a house. We recently moved back down to Florida to be near my husband's parents. This is contingent upon finding a job so this is on the back burner for the time being.

I'm trying to get my crocheting up and running. It is one of the things I am very passionate about besides my design work. But then again crochet is all about design too, that's why I've been so excited to write my own patterns etc. Experimenting with colors and designs has become really fun for me.

This is the first pattern I wrote. I've been having fun incorporating my graphic design. I'm still working on perfecting the pattern but it's pretty close. I'll have it up in my Etsy shop to purchase soon.

This is the pattern for the snowboarder hat. It's very fast and very hearty. You'll definitely be warm wearing this hat! It is almost ready to go on my Etsy shop soon!
I have all sorts of projects in mind for the New Year. I'd like to continue doing my printables. Here are a few new ones.



Yesterday to start the New Year off we went on a day cruise out of Cape Canaveral. It was the most beautiful day. Warm, sunny and the water was like glass.

This was the sun setting as we were coming back into port.

Even though I still haven't found a job, yesterday, after 6 mos. I finally decided after that view it was totally worth moving back down to Florida.

So I send good wishes out to you and hopefully you can send good vibes my way!! If you know of anyone in the Central Florida area that needs a good graphic designer send them my way!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment