Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Challenge!

I recently met with some old friends that I used to work with and were also my college buddies. We hadn't seen each other in quite awhile so it was really great to catch up and remember old times.  My friend Shelley was sporting a very interesting scarf and she knows how much I love to crochet. When she showed it to me she challenged me to recreate it. So I took a few pics and got excited about finding the stitches and yarn etc. So this is what I'm working on today. Finding a chain link pattern, testing the stitch, playing with the new yarn and doing a lot of braiding. I think I'm going to really enjoy this project. Stay tuned for the finished product. Thanks Shelley!!!

This is the beautiful scarf for the challenge. It's really fun and a great addition to any outfit!




I'm using these colors. Lion Brand Homespun Barley and Red Heart Super Saver Cafe Latte and some smokey brown fun fur.
Hope everyone had a fun New Year's Eve and are having a spectacular New Years Day. I'm about a half hour away from putting a pork roast, kielbasa and sauerkraut in the crock pot for our traditional New Years Day dinner. Best of luck in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment