Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Snowboarder at the beginning

I am still trying to perfect my Carrot Top pattern. It's being tested and it's getting me testy!!! Who knew how intricate it would be to write a pattern. Things you take for granted have to be written out move by move. So I should be ready this week to post the pattern.

In the meantime, I bought the yarn to start the Snowboarder hat. So excited. The possibilities are endless. If I can capture the vision in my head we should be golden.

My yarn haul this afternoon. So excited to start the Snowboarder. I've been working on an Owl pattern hat with scraps in the meantime. I'm doing them for a set of triplets. I think they are cute. Still have some last minute touches to put on them. I'm doing each one in a different combination using the same colors.

The owls are a fun pattern I found on a blog called Slugs on the Refrigerator. www.slugsontherefrigerator.com.  I've gotten this far.

The owls are coming to life. This is a published pattern, not for resale, but so cute. My sister has triplets on her husbands side of the family so I'm going to make them for the kids. I can't wait to see a picture of them all wearing them!
I have a great evening of building a pattern from scratch. Anyone want to take bets about how many times I'll be ripping out stitches and starting over. You just wait, when I get done it will be a masterpiece!





1 comment: