Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Snowboarder - The first design

My yarn has been put through the ringer! The Lion Brand Hometown USA yarn called Kansas City Wheat and Fun Fur Chocolate were my choice. I've enjoyed working with these yarns. The Hometown USA is nice and thick so you can see a hat come together quickly. I'm still not sure about the final design. There may be another approach in the works coming up. I still want it bulkier and I want to try to apply a mohawk of some sort.

The Snowboarder from the front.

The Snowboarder from the side. I added a small detail. I was going to add buttons but because the yarn lends itself to it I made the button out of the yarn.

I also added a button on the back side.
I had a lot of fun making this hat. Now I have to write out the pattern. It's really warm and bulky and would look so cool coming down the slopes not to mention just hanging out by the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment