Sunday, November 20, 2011

These boots were made for walking through Wildflowers!

I am an avid Facebooker!! It's become an addiction. It's my only connection to the outside world beyond my little office where I do my graphics and crochet my hats. I am a graphic designer by trade. A crocheter as my passionate pastime. So when my graphic work is done I move onto crocheting. I'm constantly searching for ideas, seeing what my old workmates are up to and trying to figure out how to find a job through networking with BranchOut, Beyond and Linkedin. I've found no success with any of them.

Anyway, when I opened my Facebook page the other day there was a posting from Lauren Alaina, the runner up on American Idol this past season. I liked her page so whenever she posts I get to see what she's up to. I had entered a Boot design contest for Justin Boots about a month ago. I had almost forgotten about it. Lo and behold there were my boots on her Facebook page. So exciting. The voting begins on November 30. So go on her Facebook page and vote for my entry. I think she'd look really cute in this design!!! A lot of good feedback!

Here is a screen capture of the page.


If you type in the link before the picture you can see where to vote etc.

Back to crochet for a minute...I have been fooling around with a new design. It's kind of funky and I still have to work out the kinks. Hopefully I can read my writing as I jotted down the stitches.

We'll see how it all turns out.  I'd love to hear what some of you are working on. I'm not in the mood for Christmas this year so I'm trying to get my mind around doing some Christmas projects. Here's hoping.


No comments:

Post a Comment