Monday, November 7, 2011

Testing one, two, three!

This has been in interesting experience. Writing a pattern. I'm a creature of habit. I usually crochet by using published patterns. I follow them to the letter, except for colors. So this experience has taken me completely off the beaten path.

I am so happy to see the response to my blog for one and then for ear flap hat I posted. It's been so much fun to communicate about crochet. So many degrees of experience etc.

I have had the best time testing this pattern. I have been writing the pattern and photographing it along the way. I tested it without the furry yarn just to see what it looks like. Definitely use the furry yarn. I think it looks cozier. I'll have the names of the yarns etc. in the pattern. I hope I can read my chicken scratch!! When I get it finished I will be sure to post the pattern.

Now that this one is finished I'm looking forward to making the hat I really want to make. It's going to be called The Snowboarder. I'm looking for the chunkiest of yarns and the furriest!! It will be a masterpiece. But it's going to take me awhile!!!

My next dream is to go yarn shopping. Whenever I come around the corner and see all the colors I get so excited. If only I had an endless budget right? My dream is to have an extra $100 and spend it all on yarn!!  Ridiculous eh? Not when you have a million ideas rolling around in your brain.

Baron is asleep on the couch next to me as I work in what I call my COMMAND CENTRAL.

I put my new portfolio together today to get me ready for my appointment Wednesday morning. I hope this leads to a job. I'm praying and crossing my fingers. It's an opportunity of a lifetime.

Anyway, when I get the pattern done I'll post it. It's a great feeling to know that I accomplished it!

Here is the hat before adding the ear flaps.

Ear flaps added, check!

Adding the tassles. I find that if you add about 6 extra inches of yarn to braid and create tassle it's easier to grab the yarn and tie the knot.    

The finished piece. Here's the ironic part, I live in Florida now. These hats would have come in so much more handy in Michigan!!!
Do any of you hold allegiance to only one yarn company? I love Red Heart and it's my “go to” yarn but I also love to mix and match different textures so I go up and down the row picking up things from all different brands. Is that wrong? Can't we all just get along? HA!!!!

So now I'm off to get this pattern written up and add a little bit of graphic design to boot!!!

1 comment: